Thursday, June 2, 2011

Friend sent me a PowerPoint file with beautiful photographs and music and relevant famous ancient poems. Viewing it reminded me a dream (more like a feeling) that I have had since when I was young and has almost forgotten, that is to be part of the good old days and born to a scholarly family or be a well known scholar. I'd like to live a life of dashing and elegant and unrestrained (Xiao Sa), and most of all enlightened.

Unfortunately, modern day's life is full of rush and hush, restrain and confusion. What's funny is that my daughter Helen made up a song in her piano lesson today, named as "Hurry Now". Her teacher actually liked it and wrote it down. Helen will perform it at her next recital this coming Sunday. It's good that she enjoys her music lesson. It's sad that "Hurry" is deeply registered in her head at 5 year old, yet I still rush her every day, hundreds of times to hurry up for something....No wonder that's how she named her song. Only if we can slow down and enjoy life a bit. It's such a challenge, I fail every day.

What have we become?

No comments:

Post a Comment