Sunday, October 10, 2010

Jeannie says - Enlightment from a recent friend visit

An old friend from back to Middle School era just visited me after 18 years of not seeing each other. When we met again couple weeks ago, we talked as if we had been talking to each other every day all these time. No wonder my mom kept telling me that friends from childhood are the most valuable ones.

She used to have a bean sprout like body way back then, very weak. Now she is a strong woman who can swim 1000 meter in a day. Mind you that she didn't learn to swim until she's adult. I guess after taking care of your late parents like a nurse for 12 years, you have to be strong physically. Also the determination to learn to swim.

Through all these tough years that she took care of her bed resting parents, she has also obtained the highest level academic accomplishment as a chair professor in a well known England university, and brought up a son who is exceptionally successful and attending Cambridge Medical School.

But these are not what gave me the shock since that day she visited me. What has been ringing in my head everyday is a comment she made during the visit. She said, "Don't you feel that we can do anything if we want to?" What a confidence! Not me. Although I have done many things successfully, considering that I am only a little woman, at most, I may from time to time just say, "wow, I didn't think I could pull that one off". That's about it. The reality is that I have been avoiding attempting many things in fear of failure and making fool of myself. I guess supper confidence and commitment and patient, combined is the key to success. Able to do that is what is setting the successful people apart from the average Joe.

So what if I determin to live a long and health life?

No comments:

Post a Comment